Monday 18 March 2013

Reader Response!

A week or so ago, we asked our facebook 'likers' to share POSITIVE stories of how their bridesmaids (or groomsmen) have stepped up to the occasion. Our first story featured was our favourite and pick of the list - Louise* has received a 25% discount on any of Way to Wed's hire products for any function in the next 18 months. Our other responses have received 10% discounts for the same.

(The stories below have not been edited for spelling or punctuation. We have posted them exactly as they were sent in.)

Louise*, 32, VIC.
Everything up to the week of our wedding was so perfect! There hadnt been any problems with anything and everything fell into our laps so perfect. Except for my brother in law to be - who flew home, without his suit that had been measured, made and bought and sent to him to check the fitting! He lives in bondi so he had to fly to Melbourne from Sydney then drive up to us in Kyabram before we went to Echuca. All the DAY before the wedding.
My matron of honour was coming from Mount gravatt that night, so instead of flying direct from brisbane to Melbourne like planned - she cancelled her flight on the spot (losing her fare!!) and bought one to Sydney to pick up the BILs suit from his best mate at the airport then one to Melbourne from Sydney. She didn't get in until after 2am instead of 11pm!
I completely reimbursed her for all the trouble - and my BIL reimbursed us, but I thought it was the sweetest thing to do to give up all that money.



Emily, 26, VIC
I was a bridesmaid in my sister's wedding recently but it wasn't any of us who stepped up! It was one of the groomsmen. My sister's husband has some really questionable relatives who love any excuse for a bit of a flirt. Toms' cousin was hitting on my sister THE BRIDE at the reception and spilt his beer all down her dress. James kicked him out (not too politely though haha) and went and bought some bicarb soda from the store up the road and poured it onto my sister's dress and lifted most of the beer out! We were all dumbfounded but my sister was a bit happier after that

Natalie, VIC
Before my wedding I got a spray tan like most brides do, my beautician did it perfect in the trial like always so i wasnt stressed at all when I went in two days before the big day to get it done. we always use a gray base tan because my tan goes a little bit orange but she had her assistant load the tan into the machine for her while she finished off her other appointment. In hindsight i really should have double checked and so should my beauticain but i guess we assumed she would read the card. To get to it quickly - my beautician did it all as normal and I went home and lounged around til shower time. had a good long sleep because i didnt have to work - woke up ORANGE. My three bridesmaids got panicked phoen calls and they all called in sick and came around and worked on my tan with some removal products from my beautician. my beautician came around to my house at the end of the day so sorry and fixed me up, but it woudl have been irreparable if it wasnt for my girls sponging and scrubbing! My photos ended up beautiful and i looked lovely and bronze instead


* Name changed as requested.

We had a number of others mail in as well but didn't provide specific examples of what we were looking for. We hope to feature some of those stories when the right topic comes to light.

If you have a positive bridesmaid experience (maybe you're not even married yet and you have!) Post below, or email us. We'd love to hear it.

Stay inspired!
WtW

No comments:

Post a Comment